E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy is your trusted legal partner in Upstate New York. Our experienced team has proudly achieved numerous successes in handling premises liability cases against big box retailers, with a particular focus on incidents occurring at major stores like Walmart, Lowe’s, and Home Depot.
If you or a loved one has experienced a slip, trip, or any injury due to a property owner's negligence, you may have a claim. Our team is here to help.
What to Do When Injured in a Retail Store
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Prioritize your well-being by seeking immediate medical attention. If your injuries are serious, call for emergency medical assistance or go to the nearest hospital.
- Report the Incident: Report the incident to store management.
- Gather Information: Request an incident report and witness statements, if willing, including witness names and contact details.
- Preserve Evidence: Evidence could entail of damaged items, photographs, and medical records of your injuries.
- Do Not Admit Fault: Stick to the facts. Avoid making statements that could be construed as admitting fault.
- Contact an Attorney: Consider consulting a lawyer if you believe the store's negligence contributed to the injury.
- Preserve Your Rights: Be aware of time limits for filing a personal injury claim, diligently follow up on medical treatment, and maintain records of bills and related expenses.
Remember, the specific actions you take may vary based on the circumstances of the incident and local laws. Consulting with an attorney can provide tailored advice based on your situation.
Taking on the Giants in Retail Injury Cases
Our law firm has a proven track record of navigating and winning cases against major retailers, shopping malls, restaurants, hotels, and property owners, handling a wide range of injuries from head trauma to fractures.
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Defects in sidewalks and stairs
- Inadequate lighting
- Snow and ice hazards
- Falling merchandise
Business owners can be held liable for negligence if they created a hazard, had actual notice of a dangerous condition, or should have been aware of it.
Don't let an injury go unaddressed. Take the first step by reaching out to our Albany premises liability lawyers. Call us at (518) 284-3183.
We are committed to fighting for your rights and ensuring that negligence doesn't go unanswered.