Colonie Car Accident Attorneys
Injured in an Accident? We Can Help!
Car accidents are the subject of many cases of personal injury litigation. Anyone who has never been involved in a car accident likely knows someone who has.
Despite the commonality of car accidents, there is still a lot that the average person does not know about how to handle these situations. Following a crash, you may be feeling blindsided by the financial damages you have incurred, the non-economic effects of the incident, and the legal complexities of filing a claim. The E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy legal team can assist you with managing all these aspects and fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Contact us online or call (518) 284-3183 to discuss the details of your case.
Why You Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Although you may be familiar with the car accident claims process after witnessing a friend or family member go through it, or maybe have been in a car accident before yourself, it is still essential to hire an attorney to help you through your case.
We can assist you with:
- Determining who is at fault for your accident
- Understanding the complete financial and non-economic value of the damages in your case
- Gathering evidence of liability
- Recruiting witnesses and experts to testify in your case
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Answering complex legal questions
- Meeting deadlines
- Filing paperwork and navigating the legal elements of your case
- Getting medical care and handling other life matters while you recover from your injuries
Who Is at Fault for My Car Accident?
A car accident can be caused by many different issues. One of the most common causes is a negligent driver; however, even these cases can involve different situations of negligence. For example, while crashes caused by drunk drivers and crashes caused by ignoring a stop sign both share the element of a negligent driver, most people would agree that these are two very different circumstances.
In some cases, the drivers who were involved in a collision were not acting negligently but were instead affected by external forces and the negligence of third parties. These issues can include inclement weather, poor road conditions, construction, defective vehicles, and more.
Because car accidents can be caused by such a wide range of factors, determining liability can be complicated. Our legal team will evaluate your case and gather evidence to ensure every person that is at fault for your injuries is held accountable.
Your car accident may have been caused by a:
- Negligent driver (this person may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs, texting and driving, violating traffic laws, or otherwise driving recklessly)
- Manufacturer that released a defective vehicle or car parts
- Construction company that poorly built a road or had a dangerous construction site on the street
- City or other government entity that designed a defective roadway
- Bar or liquor store that sold alcohol to a visibly intoxicated person or a minor who later drove drunk
- Business with a dangerous parking lot
These are only a few examples of parties that could potentially be liable for your car accident case. It’s possible that your situation is totally different, which is why it is important to speak to an attorney about the details of your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you were injured in a car accident, it is important to get started on your case as soon as possible by speaking with a lawyer. Our Colonie car accident attorneys are available to discuss your accident and how we can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and additional damages.
For a free consultation, call (518) 284-3183 or complete our contact form.