Schenectady Business Attorneys
Business Formation, Planning & Litigation
Running a business requires careful planning, flexibility, and an array of legal considerations. At some point, you are likely to run into a dispute that requires the assistance of a professional legal team.
At E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, our Schenectady business law attorneys assist entrepreneurs, small business owners, and commercial clients with all aspects of business formation, compliance, planning, and litigation. We are proud to have served businesses throughout Eastern New York for more than 120 years, providing personal attention and individualized legal strategies aimed at achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients.
If you need help with a legal business matter, reach out to our team today at (518) 284-3183 to set up a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys.
Cases We Handle
Our business lawyers are well-versed in all aspects of commercial litigation, business formation, and dispute resolution.
We regularly assist our business clients in the following matters:
- Business Formation and Startups: Our team can help ensure that your business is set up for success. Our business formation and startup services include assistance with all aspects of founding a new venture, from LLC formation to contract drafting to ensuring legal compliance and more.
- Business Succession: If you own a family business or wish to protect your business partners or heirs in the event that you retire, business succession planning is critical. At E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, we assist small and large business owners alike with all aspects of business succession and legacy planning.
- Contract Drafting and Disputes: We assist business clients with all aspects of contract law, including drafting and negotiating new contracts, as well as managing contract disputes and litigation. We are well-versed in all types of business contracts, including partnership agreements, non-compete agreements, leases, and more.
- Dissolution: Our firm can assist with the dissolution of your business. Whether you are disbanding your business by choice or necessity, our attorneys can help ensure your rights and best interests are protected by managing necessary dissolution processes and other related legal tasks.
- Employee Disputes: At some point or another, most business owners will face various employee disputes. At E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, we can assist you with all types of employee conflicts, including allegations of unpaid wages or overtime, wrongful termination, discrimination, and harassment.
- Intellectual Property Disputes: Our firm assists businesses and individuals with all types of intellectual property matters, including trademarks, copyrights, and patents. We can help you obtain proper protections for your intellectual property and manage any disputes that may arise in the course of your business.
- Legal Compliance: Managing a business and ensuring its ongoing success relies heavily on legal compliance. It is important that you have someone by your side who not only knows all applicable state laws but can also ensure that you remain in compliance and avoid unnecessary conflicts and litigation.
- Litigation: Unfortunately, even the most airtight of planning cannot guarantee that you will not encounter disputes during the lifespan of your business. If the need for business litigation arises, the team at E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy can help. We have extensive experience and are prepared to protect your rights.
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes: In the course of any business, various personal and professional disagreements may arise. At E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, we understand the sensitive nature of these disputes and can provide the prudent legal services you need. We are adept at resolving all types of partnership and shareholder disputes.
Through the lifespan of your business, E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy is here to provide the legal counsel and representation you need to succeed.
Your Partner in Professional Success
When you need help getting your business off the ground, resolving a contentious dispute, or navigating any legal commercial issue that may arise, turn to our Schenectady business law attorneys. We offer highly professional and personalized legal service; as a client, you will receive direct communication from your attorney, as well as reliable access to your legal team. We are proud to serve as your partner in continued professional success and can assist you with any legal matter you may be facing.
Our attorneys have earned the respect of their clients, as well as the recognition of their peers. We have been honored among the Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” of 2020 by U.S. News & World Report and our attorneys have received awards and accolades from such prestigious legal organizations as the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers®, The Inner Circle of Advocates, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and the American College of Trial Lawyers among others. Throughout our years in practice, we have helped our clients navigate many complex legal challenges, earning the results they needed and deserved.
As a boutique law office, we offer personal attention and a one-on-one approach to building attorney-client relationships. With our extensive legal experience and resources, we have what it takes to effectively advocate for you.