Troy Business Attorneys
Handling All Business & Commercial Law Matters
Whether you are an entrepreneur, own a small family business, or are a shareholder in a large corporation, it is important that you have a trusted legal team by your side. In the course of any commercial enterprise, various legal issues and disputes are bound to arise. Having an attorney who can help you navigate these matters can save you an enormous deal of stress and ensure the continued success of your business.
E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy has a long-established history serving the needs of business clients in and around Eastern New York. Since 1898, our firm has been recognized as a leader in client service and professionalism. Our Troy business law attorneys handle all types of commercial litigation needs, from partnership disputes to breaches of contract to employee allegations of hour and time violations. Whether you are just beginning the business formation process or are facing a complex conflict, we can help.
Assistance at Every Stage of Your Business
Our attorneys have extensive experience navigating an array of legal needs at all stages of business formation, maintenance, and dissolution. Regardless of the type of business you own or are a partner in, or the stage at which your venture is currently at, our business lawyers can provide the personalized legal services you need.
Our business formation services include:
- Forming limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships, corporations, sole proprietorships, etc.
- Ensuring legal compliance during initial business formation
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, partnership agreements, and other documents
- General counsel for startups, entrepreneurs, and other types of businesses/business owners
- Filing appropriate articles, documents, licenses, and other important paperwork
- Obtaining copyrights, trademarks, and/or patents
Our business maintenance services include:
- Contract disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- General litigation
- Employee conflicts
- Enforcement of contracts
- Ongoing legal compliance
- Shareholder and partner disagreements
Our business dissolution and retirement services include:
- Business succession and retirement planning for business owners
- Filing official paperwork for the closure of a limited liability company (LLC)
- Voluntary and involuntary business dissolutions
- Shareholder disagreements or conflicts regarding dissolution
- Obtaining valid written consent for dissolution from shareholders (if applicable)
- Tax clearance issues, including obtaining documents regarding back-taxes or returns
- Filing official certificates of dissolution with the Division of State
Note that this is not an exhaustive list of our business law services; if you need assistance with any aspect of business formation, planning, maintenance, litigation, retirement, or dissolution, please do not hesitate to reach out to our business law attorneys in Troy for a free consultation.
Providing a Personal Approach
At E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, we know that no two businesses are exactly alike, and the needs of one company will differ greatly from those of another. With this in mind, our attorneys take great pride in offering a highly personalized approach. We take the time to get to know our clients and understand their concerns. From there, we are able to develop custom legal strategies and solutions tailored to their specific goals.
As your legal team, we will be there to guide you through every stage of your business. We always keep our clients’ continued success at the forefront of our practice and are prepared to advocate for you from start to finish. We believe in building meaningful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients so that they always have a team they can trust as their businesses evolve and grow over time.