Amputation Attorney in upstate NY
Loss of Limb Use Due to an Accident? We Can Help.
The loss of a finger, hand, foot, or limb as a medical procedure is never easy, but oftentimes warranted to improve an individual’s health.
The loss of a limb as the result of a careless accident, however, is a devastating personal injury. Because of another person or party’s negligence, the life of the accident victim — now an amputee — is changed forever.
At E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, we offer compassionate, aggressive representation to individuals who have suffered amputation injuries as the result of a careless accident. Call us directly at (518) 663-6015 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your options for compensation.
Our Lawyers Seek Maximum Compensation for Accident Victims
The experienced legal team at E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy regularly represents people throughout NY State who have suffered the loss of a limb in an accident caused by another person. An amputation can have a devastating financial impact on the amputee and his or her family.
Accordingly, we aggressively seek compensation to cover a wide range of expenses:
- Medical expenses — Medical bills for the initial injury can be extremely high. However, long-term care for amputees can also be high, depending on the nature of the injury. Long-term care can include rehabilitation and physical therapy.
- Prosthetic limbs — Some amputees are able to use artificial limbs. New prosthetic technology is always emerging. If you have lost a limb in a negligent accident, we will seek compensation to allow you to use the latest assistive products.
- Loss of livelihood — Many amputees are unable to continue their jobs after the injury. If your ability to work is affected, we will assess the long-term financial losses that result.
Many amputees experience phantom limb pain, or the feeling of pain, tingling, or other sensations in the amputated limb for the rest of their lives. We seek compensation for not only the current situation, but keep in mind the long term impact for the victim and their family.
Types of Accidents that Cause Loss of Limbs
Some of the most common accidents we’ve experienced that cause an amputation injury are:
- Auto accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Truck injury accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Accidents caused by defective products
Although your injury may seem overwhelming now, we are here to help you make the greatest recovery possible. We have seen numerous cases in which an amputee has been able to return to a normal, happy life following the accident. Our hope is that you, too, can live as full a life as possible. Call us today to discuss your situation in detail.
We can help you with your ERISA disability claim if you have suffered an amputation. Or, if you’ve been denied your ERISA disability claim, contact our legal team to discuss your options.
Compassionate Attorneys Serving Upstate NY. Contact Us Today
Contact us for a free personal injury consultation by phone or schedule a confidential in-person meeting with an attorney at one of our four convenient offices in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, or Saratoga Springs, NY. We are here to help you and your family through this difficult situation. It will get better.