Employment Discrimination Defense
We only represent employers.
Our attorneys are highly experienced in handling discrimination disputes employers, both in and out of court. Our team includes two former principals of one of country’s preeminent labor and employment law firms. We represent respondents in investigations brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights, and handle discrimination claims in the United States District Courts, New York State courts and in administrative trials before investigative agencies.
Our experience includes defending employers in the following matters:
- Cases of alleged “hostile work environment” and “quid pro quo” sexual harassment under the federal Title VII statutes and the New York Human Rights Law.
- Cases of alleged discrimination on the basis of race, creed, religion and national origin under state and federal regulatory schemes.
- Disability discrimination cases under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and Article 15 of the New York Executive Law.
- Disparate treatment and wrongful termination claims brought under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and its New York State counterparts.
- Handling of “specialty” claims under regulatory schemes concerning discrimination against active and reserve military personnel under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), “hiring discrimination” claims concerning applicants with criminal conviction records under New York Corrections Law Article 23-A and Human Rights Law §296, and more.
- “Retaliation” claims by employees who are (or alleged to be) terminated or otherwise punished for complaining about discriminatory or other unlawful conduct by an employer.
Our services also include helping employers respond appropriately to internal discrimination complaints. We conduct internal investigations for employers seeking a professionally managed response protocol, interviewing the relevant personnel, providing management with a confidential legal analysis, and giving advice for adjudicating the complaint.