Meghan has earned a reputation as a compassionate, yet fierce, advocate for her clients with the intent of achieving the best possible outcome.
Meghan is a founding partner at E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy Law Firm, where she focuses her legal practice on the representation of individuals who have been seriously injured, with a primary focus on medical malpractice law. Meghan previously worked as an attorney at E. Stewart Jones Law Firm, where, upon graduation from law school, she had the distinction of becoming the first female attorney hired by the firm since its founding in 1898.
Meghan personally handles and oversees all stages of her client’s cases, from initial client contact through discovery, trial, and appeals, ensuring that throughout the litigation each case is fully investigated and strategically developed in order to maximize monetary recoveries for her clients.
She has earned the respect of clients, colleagues, adversaries, and courts for her legal acumen, work ethic, advocacy skills, and passion.
In addition to medical malpractice cases, Meghan handles motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, dog bites, worksite accidents, product liability, and other cases on behalf of seriously injured individuals and their families, achieving the same exceptional results.
- State of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, Albany Law School of Union University
- Justinian Honor Society
- Albany Law Review, Executive Editor
- Dean Thomas Sponsler Teaching Fellow
Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, Bucknell University
Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute
- Mediated a multi-million dollar settlement against a hospital for negligent maintenance and operation of the heart-lung bypass machine
- Mediated a $1.95 million dollar settlement against a municipality for negligent operation of a police vehicle
- Achieved a $1.75 million dollar settlement in product liability case against automobile manufacturer for negligently designed seatbelt restraint system
- Negotiated a $1 million dollar settlement against a hospital for negligence due to improper training and surgical technique
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers (2016-2020)
- “Lawyer of the Year,” Medical Malpractice, Plaintiffs – Albany, Best Lawyers (2017)
- “Lawyer of the Year,” Product Liability, Plaintiffs – Albany, Best Lawyers (2018, 2019)
- Super Lawyer, (2014-2020)
- “Rising Star,” (Upstate New York), Super Lawyers (2013)
- Super Lawyers
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Appellate Division, Third Department, Character and Fitness Committee, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Rensselaer County Bar Association
- Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Director (2020 -present)
- YWCA of the Greater Capital Region, Director (2013-2015)
- Girls Incorporated of the Greater Capital Region, Director (2007-2010)
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death