Handling Civil Litigation & Criminal Defense Cases Throughout the Amsterdam, NY Area
Our firm is comprised of distinguished attorneys who are committed to serving the best interests of their clients. With four offices located across Upstate New York, we are available to represent individuals and businesses in Amsterdam, NY in both civil and criminal matters.
When you need an attorney, what qualities do you look for? Experience? Trustworthiness? Prestige?
At E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, we have been serving clients in Upstate New York for more than 115 years. Our team of civil and criminal trial lawyers brings centuries of experience to representing clients in Amsterdam; and, thanks to our longevity, we have risen to become one of the most prestigious and trusted law firms in the region. Clients appreciate our personalized approach – some would say we treat them like family – and they rely upon our ethics, insights, and dedication to feel confident that justice has been served.
More About What We Do
Our firm’s practice is focused on dispute resolution. While we consider ourselves trial lawyers, we are constantly looking for novel, creative, and effective ways to protect our clients before they ever have to set foot in a courtroom. Whether that means negotiating with the prosecutor in a criminal case, battling with the insurance companies in a personal injury matter, or arbitrating a complex commercial dispute, our goal is always to fully protect our client as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
We are available to represent clients in Amsterdam, NY in the following areas:
- Commercial and Estate Litigation – Our commercial and estate litigation practice covers a diverse range of disputes. From collections matters to litigation involving construction and real estate transactions, no matter is too simple or too complex for our experienced team of litigators. If you believe that you or your company’s rights are being violated (or at risk of being violated), we will fight to secure a favorable resolution.
- Property Tax Disputes – Our attorneys are recognized as leaders in the areas of real estate valuation, tax assessment litigation, and eminent domain in Upstate New York. Our clients in this area range from individuals to major regional businesses and municipalities.
- Mediation and Arbitration – In addition to representing clients in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) proceedings, two of our firm’s senior attorneys, James Hacker and Mark Sonders, are available to serve as neutral mediators and arbitrators in civil matters. Our attorneys’ mediation and arbitration experience includes serving as counsel and as neutrals in cases involving business, commercial, insurance, labor, personal injury, product liability, property loss, and real estate disputes.
- Labor and Employment – We represent both employers and employees in labor and employment-related disputes. Our practice in this area focuses on matters involving claims of sexual harassment, discrimination in employment, and denial of ERISA disability benefits.
- Criminal Defense – At E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy, we provide experienced, vigorous representation for clients facing criminal charges in Amsterdam, NY. If you have been charged with DWI/DUI or any other state or federal offense, you need to take your situation extremely seriously. Our attorneys can take aggressive action to help minimize the consequences of your arrest.
- Personal Injury – Our litigation attorneys have extensive experience representing injury victims and their families in claims for personal injury and wrongful death compensation. We handle all types of cases, from auto accidents to medical malpractice and nursing home abuse. We take a comprehensive and aggressive approach to representing our clients – making sure their needs are covered while we take on the insurance companies to win maximum compensation.
3 Reasons to Choose E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy
Regardless of your needs, it is important that you make an informed choice about your legal representation. Here are just three of the reasons why we believe that you should choose E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy. To learn more about our firm and our attorneys’ experience, please schedule a free consultation today:
1. National Recognition for Our Local Success
While our practice is focused on representing clients in Amsterdam and throughout Upstate New York, our attorneys have received national recognition for their professionalism and success.
2. A Proven Track Record of Successful Results
In many ways, our results speak for themselves. See some examples of our attorneys’ case results in our Verdicts and Settlements.
3. Unparalleled Litigation Experience in Upstate New York
With a team of 15 distinguished attorneys, we offer knowledge and pedigree that few other firms in the area can match. We are proud of what sets us apart, and we remain committed to consistently winning positive results for our clients.
Schedule a Free, Confidential Consultation at E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy
To discuss your legal needs in Amsterdam, NY, please contact us today to schedule a free, confidential consultation. Call (518) 284-3183 or submit a request online and we will arrange for you to meet with one of our experienced attorneys as soon as possible.